Medical Assistant with CPT1
Company: Nexus HR Services
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionClinica Medica General(CMG), a Nexus HR
CompanyFulltime or Part-time available!Duties and
Responsibilities:Provides clinical and administrative assistance
for their assigned clinic for evening shifts. This position
includes several tasks that help the clinic perform effectively
including admitting patients, scheduling appointments, and closely
working with the providers. This position reports to our Clinic
- Work directly with the provider(s) to provide quality care to
- Performs diagnostic tests, and collect/prepares specimens
within the scope of practice as directed by a clinician and
practice infection control techniques.
- Prepares patients for appropriate exams/procedures as directed
by the assigned provider by escorting patients to exam rooms,
measuring vital signs, and properly documenting information
obtained through patient records via the EMR system.
- Assist providers in exam rooms and give instructions to
patients as instructed by providers.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked, and appropriately
set up prior to rooming each patient.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of
facilities and equipment.
- Ensures all related reports, labs, and information required are
available in patients' medical records prior to their
- Upkeeps required compliance logs (temperature logs, cash logs,
- Properly cares for medical equipment and performs maintenance
- Schedules reschedule and cancel appointments for clinic
providers through the EMR system.
- Prepares and updates medical charts and associated records, and
enters patient data into files.
- Obtains and verifies patient billing information along with
insurance approvals as appropriate to the activities of the unit;
processes patient accounts, and maintains records.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- At least 1-year previous medical assistant experience.
- Training in an accredited program for medical assisting,
certification is preferred.
- Active Certified Phlebotomist Technician 1 (CPT1) license.
- Excellent communication skills, judgment, and organizational
- Professional, yet friendly attitude with patients, physicians,
staff, and others.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle stressful
situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks as assigned
without direct supervision.
- Able to work in the Los Angeles and/or Van Nuys area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly preferred.Powered by
Keywords: Nexus HR Services, Huntington Park , Medical Assistant with CPT1, Healthcare , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!