Geriatric Physician wanted in Los Angeles County
Company: Healthy Partners powered by Cano Health
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Family Practice-Geriatrics opening in Huntington Park,
California. This and other physician jobs brought to you by
The physician will provide health care for Geriatric patients in a
multicultural patient population. The physician would be joining
one other physician and one mid-level in a 100% Outpatient setting.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM with NO CALL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Physician reports directly to our Medical Director and are
primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality medical
care to our patients.
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family
practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift.
Supervise and direct the center's other clinical staff (Medical
Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Collect biological specimens and process them in the laboratory
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately
completed in a timely manner; and adhere to all clinical policies
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties
not provided at the urgent care center.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty,
to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the
performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a
diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in
the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health
care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or
specialty care and discharge patients.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in
attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with
respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and
- Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription,
consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the
clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which
might affect patient's health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which
are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinic's medical
support staff, regarding the administering of a patient's care.
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse
practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts,
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the
Chief Medical Officer.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Proven experience as a Physician
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient's confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred but not required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is
required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone
for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and
occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and
flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include
ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.--- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Work will involve some driving/traveling to assigned clinics.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign
schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $200,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- BC/BE (Preferred)
- One location
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, geriatric medicine jobs, geriatrician jobs,
gerontologist jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Healthy Partners powered by Cano Health, Huntington Park , Geriatric Physician wanted in Los Angeles County, Healthcare , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!