Licensed Vocational Nurse - Telemetry
Company: Pipeline Health
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: LVN / LPT / Treatment Nurse (Telemetry) Job Summary:
LVN / LPT / Treatment Nurse (Telemetry) functions under LVN Scope
of Practice. Works under supervision as needed by a Registered
Nurse, carry's out the established plan of care for an assigned
group of patients. Uses observation, planning, and implementation
skills to ensure the performance of direct care activities required
to provide and maintain individualized quality patient care.
Specific areas of responsibilities include: administration of
medications under scope of practice, performance of treatments,
gathering of data of patient assigned. Contributing to an
individualized plan of care under the supervision of a Registered
Nurse, provision of patient education as directed, maintenance of a
record of care provided and insuring that hygiene and comfort
measures are provided. Reports to RN, Charge RN, Nursing Director
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrates competency in the collection of data (within Scope
of Practice) in the patient population served including but not
limited to the following :
- Risk Behaviors
- Reinforcement of EDU needs
- Psychosocial needs
- Clinical care
- Coordinates care under the direction of the RN for the patient/
significant others as well as other members of the health care
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize patient care and determine
nursing interventions utilizing critical thinking in compliance
with hospital policies and procedures, acceptable standards of
practice, regulatory standards within Scope of LVN Practice.
- Provides patient care throughout the continuum
- Serves as a role model for the Mission, Vision and Values of
the organization and fulfills other job duties as requested within
Scope of Practice
- Maintains current competencies as well as updated knowledge in
specific area of practice Behavioral Standards:
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every day
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal
workforce and external customers. Communication/Knowledge:
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication
of clinical information in a manner that is understood by all
involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve,and carry-out duties
to ensure the optimal patient care outcomes.
- Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships
with internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and
dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to
collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the
- Graduate of an accredited LVN School
- Minimum of 1 year if current experience in area applying
- IV Certification for acute care Licensure/Certifications:
- Current LVN Licensed in good standing by the State of
- Current BLS for Health care Provider Card
- Current area specific certification required (i.e. NALS, PALS,
NRP, AB508) ADA/Physical Demands:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in
order to be considered.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly
required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds,
with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be
intact to perform duties.
Keywords: Pipeline Health, Huntington Park , Licensed Vocational Nurse - Telemetry, Healthcare , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!