Registered Dietitian - PACE
Company: AltaMed Health Services
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: April 25, 2021
AltaMed Health ServicesWe recruit, employ, train, compensate,
and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color,
national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.Registered Dietitian -
PACEUS-CA-Huntington ParkJob ID: 2021-11278Type: Regular Full-Time#
of Openings: 1Category: Clinical ServicesHuntington Park -
PACEOverviewAssess the nutritional status and dietary needs of
AltaMed participants and plan for the provision of adequate dietary
intake to achieve his/her optimal level of independent functioning.
Provide necessary consultation and teaching to participants,
families and the Interdisciplinary team. Performs professional work
in the application of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to meet
participant's daily nutritional and special dietary needs according
to AltaMed standards. Review Menus and other essential components
in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to ensure program
- Evaluates participant's nutritional status, utilizing various
lab values and physical assessments, obtaining primary care
provider's orders as required.
- Assesses participant's food preferences, methods of preparation
and cultural and environmental factors affecting the participant's
- Participates in the development and revision of the
participant's plan of care as a member of the interdisciplinary
- Develops a plan for the provision of food and drink appropriate
for the participant's physical and medical needs and environmental
conditions. Integrates the nutrition treatment plan into the
overall plan of care developed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Performs follow up visits, one on one and group education for
- Educates the participant's family or other caregivers about the
need for and preparation of therapeutic diets as part of the
- Re-evaluates and revises nutritional plans as necessary to
ensure the continued adequacy and appropriateness of the
nutritional plan, obtaining primary care provider's orders as
- Reports participant's treatment response to the team and
primary care provider.
- Maintains necessary record keeping functions pertaining to
participant' care and submits in a timely manner.
- Attends scheduled IDT, Care Coordination meetings, staff and
- Implements and monitors compliance with policies and
procedures, work plan and in accordance with the regulations of
CACFP/USDA and CMS regulations. Keeps nutrition staff informed of
regulation or policy changes.
- Completes monthly food safety and sanitation for
- Completes quarterly CACFP center monitoring report for
- Perform all other related duties as
- Registered Dietitian. Registered by the Academy of Nutrition
and Dietetics required.
- A minimum of one (1) year professional work experience in
clinical nutrition as Registered Dietitian. (Preferred)
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with the frail
- Current CPR/BLS certification also required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin
Keywords: AltaMed Health Services, Huntington Park , Registered Dietitian - PACE, Healthcare , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!