Program Manager, Project Based Housing- Tiki Apartments
Company: The People Concern
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Program Manager, Project Based Housing- Tiki Apartments
Huntington Park, CA, USA
Sunday, August 28, 2022
Program Manager, Project Based Housing -Tiki Apartments
Under the direction of the Director of Project-based Housing, the
Program Director of Shared Housing will provide administrative
oversite for all shared housing sites which includes supervision
and management of Shared Housing Case Management Program Management
staff as well as interfacing with Shared Housing partner agencies
including Developers, Acquisition Managers, and Property Management
companies connected to each Shared Housing property. The Program
Director of Shared Housing will provide direct oversite of Shared
Housing Case Management program operations and assist the Director
of Project-Based Housing with documentation related to existing and
future Shared Housing-related funding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide the oversight of the Shared Housing Case Management
programs and sites.
2. Research, aggregate, and understand existing best-practices
related to Shared Housing programs.
3. Develop intake and interview process for potential Shared
Housing clients in order to screen for program eligibility and
appropriately match house-mates.
4. Develop lease-up procedure expectations with Shared Housing
partners including Property Managers and Shared Housing
5. Manage new referrals and program exits during client transitions
into and out of Shared Housing units.
6. Create and oversee the implementation of Shared Housing client
7. Create protocols for mediation practices around house-mate
8. Evaluate crisis situations on an individual basis.
9. Provide clinical and administrative supervision to Program
Managers, Clinical Team Leads, Clinical Case Managers, and other
Case Management staff.
10. Explore and develop program staffing structure based on Shared
11. Facilitate team meetings and case conferences for site-based
Shared Housing Case Management staff.
12. Conduct ongoing trainings for Shared Housing Case Management
staff to support staff's capacity to meet program contract outcomes
13. Engage in / implement housing retention services with
individuals experiencing homelessness and work collaboratively with
each Shared Housing Case management Team to identify intervention
plans tailored to each clients' individual needs stemming from
14. Work in collaboration with Shared Housing Program Managers and
Case Management staff to remove barriers to housing retention.
15. Oversee and manage ongoing Shared Housing client file review in
order to adhere to contract documentation expectations and
16. Coordinate internal client file review for annual external
17. Assist with other fiscal / program audits, as indicated.
18. Generate HMIS reports, locate data errors, and provide
follow-up reports to staff for corrective plan(s).
19. Support RFP processes when funding opportunities are identified
by providing requested information.
20. Interface with Shared Housing partners including Developers,
Acquisition Managers, and Property Management.
21. Oversee the facilitation of site-based monthly meetings of
Shared Housing Case Management staff and site-based collaborative
Shared Housing Partners to review challenges and successes.
22. Act as the Liaison with all Housing Authorities and DHS and
23. Attend all meetings requested by Housing Department leadership,
Housing Authorities, DHS, other program-partners, and Housing
24. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Masters' degree in mental health field (Social Work, MFT, or
Psychology); License-eligible and in good standing with the
California Board of Behavioral Sciences, or 5 years of equivalent
senior management experience in related field.
2. Experience working with individuals who are experiencing
homelessness, mental illness, substance addiction, and medical
3. Understanding of Supportive Housing and ability to participate
in oversite of contracts, grants, and proposals related to Shared
Housing in THE PEOPLE CONCERN portfolio.
4. Experience providing direct supervision and management of
5. Experience managing a team.
6. Highly detail oriented with excellent time management,
organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database
8. Able to learn quickly and work effectively with a wide range of
9. Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
10. Ability to work as part of an multidisciplinary team.
11. Preferred applicants will have experience working with:
*those living with co-occurring disorders and experiencing
*individuals with serious mental illness and substance
*Permanent Supportive Housing settings,
*and HUD CoC, Homeless Section 8, and / or Brilliant Corner
The People Concern - OPCC and Lamp Community United -- have many
service locations in downtown LA and Santa Monica, and we offer a
competitive salary and excellent benefits. We conform to all the
laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment
opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to
all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability
status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. We
do not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a
disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an
undue hardship. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete
the application and/or any other aspect of the employment
application process, please contact the Human Resources Department
at 310-264-6646. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who
bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or
the government, or against any individuals who assist or
participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise
Share this job:
Keywords: The People Concern, Huntington Park , Program Manager, Project Based Housing- Tiki Apartments, Executive , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!