Mid-level Nacelle Design / Service Engineer
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: April 4, 2021
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a Mid-level Nacelle
Design/Service Engineer to join our team in Seal Beach,
California.The nacelle repair team supports customer service
requests, development of repair solutions, and predictive/proactive
projects for all in-service Boeing-owned Nacelle Structures.- This
position will enable you to support all in-service models, ranging
from airplanes delivered -30 years ago to airplanes delivered
today. You will also be able to combine the deep expertise and
resources of the entire Boeing enterprise with the flexibility and
fast pace of a smaller company setting. You will have opportunities
to collaborate with people from all over the world to create and
deliver innovative solutions to complex technical problems.Position
- Support customer service requests with development of technical
dispositions, instructions, and designs for damage
allowance/treatment and deviations to nacelle structures design and
repairs (Inlets, Fan Cowls, Thrust Reversers/Core Cowls, and
- Develop, lead, and review urgent (hours to days), longer-term
(weeks to months), simple, moderate, and significantly complex
repair schemes for metallic and composite parts including
preparation of 8100-9 forms for AD-affected structure, AMOCs, and
- Develop creative and innovative structural repair methods,
predictive/proactive projects, and improvements to existing SRMs
and support documentation in support of our customers and
development of Boeing Nacelle Repair methodologies.
- Participate in current and future design/development
initiatives to advocate for customer concerns/needs and improved
supportability, maintainability, and repairability of nacelle
- Identify and support improvements to repair team work-flow,
work distribution, repair methods, and processes.
- Leverage our Customer Support and larger Boeing networks to
support customer needs.
- Since Boeing Customer Support operates on a 24/7/365 basis,
employees must be willing to work flexible hours and/or
non-standard shifts to support our fleets. International and
domestic travel may be required.This position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a -US Person- as defined
by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. -US Person- includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- 5 + years' experience in Engineering.
- 3-+ years' experience in Commercial Airplane Structural Design
- Experience with composite and metal structures.
- Experience with customer support.Typical Education/Experience:
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree in
engineering, computer science, electrical, mathematics, physics, or
chemistry. (ABET preferred)Relocation:
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: BOEING, Huntington Park , Mid-level Nacelle Design / Service Engineer, Engineering , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!