Lead Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: September 4, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From outer space to the seabed, youll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.
Boeing Defense and Space Systems is growing in the area of
spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) system
design, development, integration and test and is looking for
motivated and talented Lead Guidance Navigation and Control
Engineers to join the Boeing team in this exciting business area
located in El Segundo, CA.Selected candidates will work on a range
of spacecraft programs and will develop state of the art navigation
and guidance algorithms, create integrated GN&C systems,
perform mission planning and analysis, execute system performance
analyses and implement simulation solutions to support our
customers. Engineers in these positions will have visibility across
the Boeing enterprise into modern GN&C and simulation
- Lead the definition of Guidance, Navigation and Control
(GN&C), mission and trajectory requirements and ensure
requirements traceability and quality from the system level to
- Perform mission planning and analyses to define spacecraft
trajectories and performance requirements.
- Develop and integrate navigation & guidance algorithms to
support mission and trajectory needs.
- Create models, simulations and tools to support GN&C system
development and analysis.
- Design, analyze and guide others in the development of
Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems.
- Lead and perform trade studies to identify design solutions
that meet program requirements.
- Lead design reviews, analyses, simulations and component /
system testing to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed
customer requirements and expectations.
- Lead the development of models, simulations, tools and analysis
- Lead the identification of solutions for and the disposition of
delivered product operational / service anomalies and
- Lead new business development efforts.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Train and coach others.This position requires an active Top
Secret U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government
requires U.S. Citizenship.BasicQualifications (Required
- Bachelor''s, Master''s or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5 years or more experience with spacecraft, missile, aircraft,
autonomous platform or similar vehicle Guidance, Navigation or
Control systems.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Highly Preferred:TS/SCI.
- 4 years or more experience using Matlab/Simulink or MatrixX to
- 2 years or more experience in computer programming using C,
C++, C#, Ada or other engineering programming languages.
- Experience with simulation and / or system/component
- Experience or coursework with Kalman Filter design or other
- Experience with implementing algorithms in real time
- Experience with autocoding of software.Typical Education &
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years'' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years'' related work experience, Master+7 years'' related
work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation: This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic
relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate
eligibility.).Employee Referral:Referral to this job is eligible
for bonus.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work
Statement:This position is for 1st shift.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment: At
Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company
values. We strive to live these values every day not only because
its the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it.
The companys commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing
a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful
and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional
Keywords: Boeing, Huntington Park , Lead Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer, Engineering , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!